My Favorite Anti-Aging Tips For Women Over 50: This is how aging can actually be FUN.
I remember when I was growing up thinking that 50 was SO OLD. LOL. Ladies, if you are looking for anti-aging tips for women over 50 you have landed in the right spot. I am 52, and the truth is I look and feel better than I have in 30 years! My husband says all the time I look better now than any picture he’s seen of me in my twenties. This blog post is my kickoff to a series of posts on the topic of anti aging tips for women over 50. I’ll be covering a lot of specific anti aging tips for women in upcoming posts in greater detail and many posts will also include interviews with experts/authors so be sure you are subscribed! I mean it when I say it, follow these anti aging tips for women like I have been and you can find yourself ENJOYING the aging process and looking FORWARD to chapters of your life ahead vs. dreading them.
What Anti-Aging Best Practices I'm Doing Now.
Let’s start off with what I’m doing right now, and then I’d like to end this blog post with what I PLAN TO IMPLEMENT or what I’m planning to incorporate as far as products or procedures later this year, and I will report on all these things here on the blog for your learning pleasure of course. So, I don’t want to suggest by any means that I am the queen of anti-aging because, to be real, I’m probably the furthest from the poster child for anti-aging best practices up until recently. I laid out in the sun most of my adult life and went tanning in tanning beds like EVERY WEEK all of my adult life. I never smoked (thank GOD that is one of the single most aging things you can do) or did drugs (also guaranteed to age you if not kill you) but I did drink a lot in my early twenties. Luckily I stopped once I got into the workplace because excessive alcohol is NO BUENO for the skin and aging:
1) Anti-aging tip #1– don’t be an alcoholic. I do drink, don’t get me wrong but no excess. When you get s**tfaced, you are dehydrating yourself and your skin and it’s not good.
2) Anti-aging tip #2 Alcohol consumption leads me to think of SLEEP. I’ve always luckily been focused on getting enough sleep and not enough people realize the importance of sleep for HEALTH for longevity and for BEAUTY. Ladies: get your 8 hours of sleep!!! (Here’s a tip: something that has dramatically improved my sleep — these Bamboo sheets OMG!! not only are they comfortable and cooling but they are great for your hair and skin too: CLICK HERE TO BUY. ) Another thing that will help you sleep better is essential oils in the bedroom– I learned of these diffusers via Skinny Confidential so now I’ll share with you- CLICK HERE TO BUY.
3) Anti-aging tip #3 Skincare: DUH. Let’s start with the basics. Why do so many women not WASH OFF THEIR MAKEUP AT NIGHT? OMG!!! Ladies!! Come on. You need to wash off your makeup and I learned from interviewing the founder of Shiffa cosmetics that washing your face once isn’t enough- you REALLY need to wash your face THREE TIMES to get that stuff off your face. I started doing that and noticing that the washcloth was rinsing out with makeup on it each time; gross! Thinking that before I was going to bed with all that makeup and bacteria on my face: EWWW. So – get the makeup off and then get a good skincare regime. I don’t use all one skincare company but I am using a good amount of Modere products right now with some Glowbiotics and some Its Clinical- recommended by Shakira my injector-– and also now that I am just starting to get FACIALS, the facialist recommended It’s Clinical as well. I’ll keep you posted as I change up my skincare routine. Skincare doesn’t have to be complex but consistency is key. WASHING YOUR FACE IS KEY– moisturizing is key and doing some treatments– key.
4) Anti-aging tip #4: Self-Care. This is something I have been really bad about and this year I am back to making it a priority. As women, we can be such caregivers and also badass boss babes– which means workaholics. This has been me. The past year I got into the work-all-the-time thing which meant: I stopped doing my weekly chiropractor, weekly massages, my workouts fell by the wayside (I didn’t think I had time), I stopped my morning prayer/meditation time, I stopped reading, I stopped really EVERYTHING BUT WORK! WTH! Ladies…….this is a fast track to: hormone problems, burnout, exhaustion and NOT ACCOMPLISHING ANYTHING. Recognize this. You have time. You have time. You have time. Take a bath. Read your books. Watch a show. Call your mom. Get those massages. When you DO work you’ll be better at it.
5) Anti-Aging tip #5 Balanced Hormones. If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I’m gonna bring this up. If this is your first time here, let me tell you– there is NOTHING more important if you are past age 40 than getting your bloodwork done and getting your hormones looked into– it can change your life. The End. NO– the beginning!!!
6) Anti-aging tip #6 Find Love, Have More Sex. Life is too short to be alone. If you are alone, do what I did in 2017 and commit to manifesting the love of your life. There is so much data to support that our health greatly improves with love, affection and intimacy. Go after this with all you’ve got. I wake up every day pinching myself I’m so damn happy and so freaking grateful for this man I have. This is what everyone should have.
7) Anti aging tip #7 Get outside more. We spend far too much time inside. Under fake light. Spending too much time looking at our phones. We need fresh air and sunlight. TRUST me when I say your body doesn’t need as much SPF as you think– your body needs vitamin D. Get outside. Get fresh air. A lot of it.
8) Anti-aging tip #8 Take Magnesium. I’ll explain more later but we are all deficient in this mineral and it’s soo beneficial. HERE IS WHAT WE TAKE EVERY SINGLE NIGHT: click here. Want to read about Magnesium– start here.
9) Anti aging tip #9 Drink more water. You knew I had to throw that one in there. I SUCK at this one so I will join you in trying to do much better. I am far better at drinking diet soda than I am water. ;-0 Let’s hydrate people.
10)Anti-aging tip #10 STRESS LESS: Let that shit go. This has been game changing for me. I used to be a road rager. Now when someone cuts in front of me or late merges I usually notice it and START to get mad but then laugh. When work related things start to piss me off, I just start breathing deeply — when things make me start to worry or become anxious, I become AWARE of the fact that I’m not in control and that — I’ve been through crazy stuff and things always work out– then I remind myself that I am the GOAT (the Greatest of All Time just like Tom Brady) and I assume the best case scenario will occur. When the best case scenarios don’t occur– I ACCEPT them and realize that for whatever reason, this is happening FOR ME. This is the best thing that could have happened — everything that happens is the best possible thing that could have happened. When you have that attitude toward everything that happens in your life– it’s really hard to be stressed because you just BOUNCE BACK– you KEEP GOING– you STAY IN ACTION and that is the best answer to stress baby!!!!
I think y’all know I’m a huge fan of hot bubble baths for self-care. I’d like to highly recommend again (because I have featured them before, but they were kind enough to send me a lovely care package of holiday goodies in December) Deep Steep products– both their Bubble Bath and scrubs but also their body butter and now they have glorious liquid soaps (which all of my guests loved at our holiday party!). I started buying their bubble bath well over a year ago- and trust me I compared it to other bubble bath products– NONE compared. This is the best brand out there and now that I’ve tried all these other products, suffice it to say, I’m a lifer. I strongly recommend you dive into the experience– you deserve to TREAT YOSELF!!!
What Anti-Aging Practices I'm Planning to Implement This Year.
What are my next steps this year to level up my anti-aging game? I think I mentioned that I just started doing facials. I plan to keep up with that, once per month was their recommendation. I’d like to start doing infrared sauna: I plan to do more research on this but I’ve heard nothing but great stuff about it. I plan to ask my functional medicine doctor about PEPTIDES as I hear they do AMAZING things for anti-aging. I’m 100% ready to start looking into a face lift at this point. Some of you may gasp but at some point we all have to do it so — I have a friend who got it done and had very little down time and looks exactly the same — she has short hair and has no visible scars and I love that. For me, the most uncomfortable aging area of my body is my loose skin around the jaw when I look down. It drives me insane. And while filler is great, there is only so much that can be done with filler. I did threads and they didn’t do much for me. I KNOW I KNOW I am a perfectionist. But it is my face and I’m allowed to want what I want and buy what I want. I’m also going to start doing some laser/PRP stuff with my facial lady so stay tune for that. And the more research I do and find out about cool stuff for anti-aging, I’ll add it to this series and share it with you all here so make sure you are subscribed: if you hear of something you want me to investigate, let me know in the comments!.
BUT WAIT -- THERE'S MORE!!
If you enjoyed this post – I’m guessing you’ll likely enjoy some of these as well. The Best Makeup For Women Over 50: CLICK HERE to read. How I do my makeup every day, tutorial CLICK HERE. The Best Shapewear For Dresses and Tight Tops CLICK HERE. Also– be sure you are subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel because there will be a whole lot of FASHION, ANTI-AGING, MAKEUP, HEALTH, FITNESS AND KELLY O STUFF coming up over there: CLICK HERE.
Note: this blog contains affiliate links that allow you to find the items mentioned in this post and support this channel at no cost to you. While this channel may earn minimal sums when a viewer uses the links provided, the view is in NO WAY obligated to use these links. Thank you for your support.
Very good tips! And as for skin beauty, I would also recommend using a retinoid cream. By the way, It’s better to use over-the-counter retinol cream as it’s much weaker than prescription-strength retinoid cream, such as Retin-A.