Learn how to LOSE FAT and BUILD MUSCLE the right way with Whitney Jones.
Whitney Jones is a mother of 2 boys, 4-time fitness Olympian, 12-time Arnold Classic athlete, competition choreographer and trainer. She is also the owner of the Pro Physiques gym, the largest fitness gym in Arizona. She’s always been into sports and getting strong and this persisted all the way to college. Her active lifestyle was paused after graduation due to working 60-hour weeks at an advertising agency, but resumed after she got married and had a family. She realized that being a workaholic just wasn’t her definition of what life was about. She eventually decided to pursue her desire to become fit and her interest in teaching others.
In today’s episode, Whitney opens up about what it’s like to be a female bodybuilder and competitor, and her thoughts on her many critics and online haters. She also shares her story on what her life was like before she became who she is now, how her methods are different than most trainers, and tips for those who want to get fit and lean the safe way.
“”I do not live my life for anyone else; even if I really put effort into appeasing everyone, I’m not going to. I don’t care.” – Whitney Jones
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What made her decide to turn her interest in fitness into a business?
- How experiencing long-term bed rest made her appreciate being active.
- Her opinion on critics and online trolls? How does she handle her haters?
- Why women shouldn’t feel bad if they want to invest time in fitness.
- How being fit can positively affect your daily life.
- The common issues she encounters with clients.
- Why investing in a personal trainer is worth the money?
- The two things women often get wrong when it comes to fitness.
- The only way you can control the hate is by controlling how you react to it.
- At the end of the day, you have to, individually, be okay with the decisions you make, good or bad. Maximize what you can do now.
- If you are losing weight at a faster rate than is normal, you will not maintain it and you will kick yourself later for not doing it the right way.
Mentioned in this episode:
- How To Start Counting Macros ebook
- Beach Body HIIT Circuits ebook